ABOUT PART-145 REPAIR
Spectralux Avionics is FAA and EASA Part-145 certified and offers full aftermarket services that include repair and refurbishment. Our Part-145 repair station is capable of performing complex tasks from complete overhauls, modifications, and major retrofits to simple tasks like cosmetic touch-up, cleaning, and component replacement.
PART-145 REPAIR STATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- What are your repair prices?
- Repair prices are based on time and materials
- Can you give me a repair estimate?
- Repair estimates are provided after unit evaluation. A standard evaluation charge applies.
- What is your turn time?
- Our average turn time is 10 to 15 working days after receipt of order (ARO). Component availability may effect this time.
- What is your warranty?
- Repair warranty is 12 months from ship date on the repair work performed. Standard warranty exceptions will apply.
- What about AOG’s?
- We can accommodate AOG’s.
- What do you charge for re-certification?
- Recertification prices are based on the complexity of the product (in general $400 to $1,000).
- Do you do credit card transactions?
- No. We can process an order as cash in advance or COD if a 30 day terms open credit account does not exist.
- Can I just send you this unit and have you evaluate it?
- Yes, however, if an account is not set up for your company, we will require you to set an account up before we can complete the repair.
- Do I need an RMA number to send you product for repairs?
- Yes, simply call or email us and we will supply a number.
- What certifications can you provide?
- Teardown report, return to service 8130-3 certification & EASA.
- Do you only repair your product?
- No, we can repair other product as long as it falls within our repair capabilities and certifications. We will require repair manuals, and or specifications and drawings.
- Do you have an Exchange program?
- We are open to working with you to set up an exchange program to meet your requirements.
- What are your Classifications?
- Part-145 (License #VLXR781L) for Class 2 and 3 Accessories and Limited Mechanical.
- What are Class 2 and 3 accessory ratings?
- Class 2: An electrical accessory that depends on electrical energy for its operations, and a generator, including starters, voltage regulators, electric motors, electrically driven fuel pumps magnetos, or similar electrical accessories.
- Class 3: An electrical accessory that depends on the use of an electron tube transistor, or similar device, including supercharger, temperature, air conditioning controls, or similar electronic controls.
- What does Spectralux need from my company?
- If your part is a new number for us, CMM, drawings and test equipment (if needed).
- Are you capable of expanding your repair capabilities?
- Yes, Spectralux is a manufacturing facility and fully certified Repair Station.
- Can you modify/reverse engineer our product?
- Yes. Full engineering staff to recertify customer approved Spectralux drawing.
Spectralux repairs a variety of Human Machine Interface products including:
- Lightplates / Lighted Panels
- Keyboards / Illuminated Keyboards
- Glareshield Floodlights
- Panel Floodlights
- Post Lights
- Control Panel Assemblies
- Electronic Assemblies
- Annunciator Panels / Indicator Panels
- Circuit Breaker Panels
- Leading Edge Flap Slat Annunciator Panels
- Radio Panels
- Radio Com Panels
- Radio Tune Panels
Ask Spectralux Avionics about your specific repair needs.
Our Part-145 Repair Station Routinely Performs:
- Cosmetic Touch-Up and Cleaning
- Electrical and Mechanical Repair
- Testing and Evaluation
- Re-Inspection and Certification
- Modifications and Upgrades
- Return to Service
We repair products used on the following aircraft models:
- Boeing: 707, 727, 737 Classic, 737 NG, 747, 757, 767, 777
- McDonnell Douglas: MD-80, MD-90, MD-11
- McDonnell Douglas: DC-8, DC-9, DC-10